rustedtusks.com

The SLOP Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:21 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 189 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:08 am 
UnderDog

Well, for the record, I think the Editor - in - Beef is a hell of a nice guy. I like his avatar, too. If it was more people like himin this whirled, it would be ab better place.

--lj

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:45 am 
Obligatory Agitator

Welcome aboard, Rat. That wolven thing always seems to throw new people. I changed the entry so that at least you have as much information about the event as I do.

You and Brewed Beaner are both intrigued by Tony's change. I don't think there is a change between Tony being the drinking buddy and Tony being the rapist. The pig's tone, his mannerisms, even the choice of words strike me as the same. Only when the vepr's conflicted do I get a sense the his demeanor shows just how dangerous, lustful, and raging he is.

Ah well, you two may be right but that is an argument for another post. This thread is for coming out. Congratulations to Brewed Beaner and Rat for coming out to the forum at large. *ducks*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 3:13 am 
SLOP Editor-in-Beef

Welcome Rat...

So are you a 'Splinter' kind'a rat.
Or 'My fleas carry the plague.' :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:40 am 
Slopplicant

'Alo Rat! Another newbie like me, nice to have you aboard! Your name reminds me of that old '80's movie, "Ratboy." Anyone else remember that flick?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:35 pm 
UnderDog

Oh, and Hiyas, Rat. Welcome.

--lj

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:00 pm 

Thanks for all the welcomes :). Nice to see that everyone's so friendly!

Mulefoot wrote:
Welcome to the forum, Rat! Great to have you. One of my favourite books has that very same name.

Scotty indeed got set up but in some ways...he set himself up. He was doing his job and did it in a mean way. Tony was going to warn him not to go outside but he Scotty said "Eat me, pig!" and kept on going. So in some ways, Scotty got what he deserved. In other ways, Scotty has been crapped on by his boss for years. You'll learn more about Scotty in "Return to Red River". There's a reason he looks so much like Brice.

I'll have to look up that book. 'Been looking for some more reading material. What genre is it?

That makes sense; he could've done things a bit better, but I can understand why he snapped at Tony and ignored his warning - he was angry at his situation, and anger impairs judgement. And now that you mention it, I always wondered if he and Brice were related somehow because of the similar looks and scent. I suppose if Scotty knew, that'd make him angrier.

Andrick wrote:
You and Brewed Beaner are both intrigued by Tony's change. I don't think there is a change between Tony being the drinking buddy and Tony being the rapist. The pig's tone, his mannerisms, even the choice of words strike me as the same. Only when the vepr's conflicted do I get a sense the his demeanor shows just how dangerous, lustful, and raging he is.

Well, I wouldn't say he changes into a completely different person; as you said, his mannerisms are the same either way, but I guess that's what makes it "disturbing": the same person having the two very different sides.

Ramseys wrote:
Welcome Rat...

So are you a 'Splinter' kind'a rat.
Or 'My fleas carry the plague.' :P

The Splinter kind, Rattus Norvegicus (Brown Rat). Although sadly, I do not have a crime fighting team of Ninja Turtles :(.

Some people think that all rats carry the plague themselves, even the "fancy" breeds. Shame, really. They make wonderful pets.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:11 pm 
Preternaturalist

Welcome, Rat!

For some reason,..your image reminds me of Templeton from Charlotte's Web...yet another excellent piece of fiction about a pig...

Anyway,..enjoy the company,..enjoy the scenery, and enjoy the storytelling...!

Jadúgara ^_^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:13 pm 
Site Admin

Jadúgara wrote:
Welcome, Rat!

For some reason,..your image reminds me of Templeton from Charlotte's Web...yet another excellent piece of fiction about a pig...

Anyway,..enjoy the company,..enjoy the scenery, and enjoy the storytelling...!

Jadúgara ^_^

I should draw Mulefoot in a barn, covered in blood with a victim nearby and a spiderweb above this head that says, "One Special Pig".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 3:29 am 
Preternaturalist

Mulefoot wrote:
I should draw Mulefoot in a barn, covered in blood with a victim nearby and a spiderweb above this head that says, "One Special Pig".

Wow!! That would be a master-work of surreal offense (or homage,...I'm not sure which...)! :twisted:

Jadúgara ^_^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 5:46 am 
Enter the Mango

Homage, definitely homage :D

*waves to the lovely newcomers*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:39 pm 
Slopplicant

*waves* Hi. I'm Cy. Crazy blue merle border collie. I love to talk to people and role play, so always welcoime to having someone drop me a line

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 1:15 am 
Site Admin

Onefersorrow wrote:
*waves* Hi. I'm Cy. Crazy blue merle border collie. I love to talk to people and role play, so always welcoime to having someone drop me a line

Are you any relation to Ewan Pomander Grytpype-Thynne of the Grytpype-Thynne Coal concerns?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 5:18 am 
Obligatory Agitator

Your closing tag is missing an opening. Hi, onefersorrow. Mind if I just call you onefer? What attracted you to the "Slop" comic? Is there a character in the story that you like the most? What is it about the Vepr, Tony, that you most dislike? Are you partial to the Ford Prefect? Are four doors good and two doors better? Whose avatar image do you find the most interesting? Have you answered these types of questions before? Do you mind if I have a bite? What is the nature of perceived reality?

Please explain in detail briefly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:22 am 
Enter the Mango

Mulefoot wrote:
Onefersorrow wrote:

Are you any relation to Ewan Pomander Grytpype-Thynne of the Grytpype-Thynne Coal concerns?

Do my eyes deceive me? Can it truly be a Goon Show reference? :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 1:12 pm 
Site Admin

'Schaaz wrote:
Mulefoot wrote:
Onefersorrow wrote:

Do my eyes deceive me? Can it truly be a Goon Show reference? :D

*happy smile* I almost gave him the last name of Bloodnok. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 4:42 pm 
Enter the Mango

Ms. Bannister would have been overjoyed either way Good Sir :)

*Offers Mr. Muley a Queen Victoria*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:33 am 
Slopplicant

I love SLOP because the charas react to things the way I would imagine a person in real life reacting. The universe doesn't feel pasted on, but like a place where a person could walk in and there would be a history. Plus, the shiny art. And Mulefoot, I am Cyan Fur of the Sapphire Kennel. & Andrick: A bite of what, pray tell? I wish Tony would stop making jokes about my brother.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:49 am 
Plague Carrier

Howdy all.
Wandered over from Jack, stayed for the story.
This is the sickest, most twisted, depraved thing I have read in a while. I think I like it.
I look forward to seeing where the current story takes the protagonist (I hesitate to call him the hero).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:54 am 
Preternaturalist

Welcome, welcome Drowned Rat and Onefersorrow!

Enjoy the antics!

Jadúgara ^_^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:31 pm 
Site Admin

Drowned Rat wrote:
Howdy all.
Wandered over from Jack, stayed for the story.
This is the sickest, most twisted, depraved thing I have read in a while. I think I like it.
I look forward to seeing where the current story takes the protagonist (I hesitate to call him the hero).

Well howdy! Jack is certainly a fine comic. If It weren't for Mr. Hopkins, I don't think I'd be drawing SLOP. He inspired and encouraged me. And man...I wish I had dedication and ability to output pages. I'm barely doing 2 a month the past few months. Sorry about that.

Protagonist is the better word. The only way he could be the hero is if he defeats the monster...and that monster would be himself. *grin*

Welcome to the forum. I look forward to your comments. Feel free to post any questions or observations you have in the forum. We've been a lil slow lately with my poor production schedule and all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:07 am 
Plague Carrier

Mulefoot wrote:
Protagonist is the better word. The only way he could be the hero is if he defeats the monster...and that monster would be himself. *grin*

The only way I see a happy ending is if someone manages to put two in Mulefoot's brainpan.
Mulefoot wrote:
Welcome to the forum. I look forward to your comments. Feel free to post any questions or observations you have in the forum. We've been a lil slow lately with my poor production schedule and all

Slow update schedule! How dare you? I demand my free entertainment in a timely fashion! (j/k) Hey, I got a lot of backstory and forum randomness to catch up on, don't get to far ahead of me.

With the type of stories you manage to tell, I could manage to wait quite a while between instalments. (but if you feel like updating more. . .)

See y'all round the pigpatch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:33 am 
Serious about SLOP

Mulefoot wrote:

He could always just shewt himself, and then uthy could take over as the star of the comic!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:42 am 
Plague Carrier

Uthalla wrote:
He could always just shewt himself, and then uthy could take over as the star of the comic!

Tony's already proven to have a thick skull (in 'Dry Run') we'd prolly just end up with an uglier, maybe brain damaged (more damaged?) Mulefoot.

Hell, why not, more Uthy!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:21 pm 
Site Admin

An Uthy origin story comes after this one.

Post subject: An Un-New Newbie
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:31 pm 
Sloppworthy

Hey all.

I've been a dedicated Slop fan for over a year now and I've had a forum account for quite some time, although it's been all bu inactive over the past year, I'm sure more. I've got two posts up on the fan art page and even some comments conservatively sprinkled around the forum. Yet, for some strange reason, I haven't really introduced myself.

A shy tiger? For shame.

Anyways, howdy and hello. I'm Ali, better known elsewhere as Tigress, but you can call me either. I fancy myself an artist in the making and a full fledged weirdo. I came here like a lot of you, via Jack, and I just got comfortable. What can I say, I'm a sucker for a tall dark and twisted guy. <3<3 That gator lady isn't too bad either. *wink*

I'm quite fond of the main character and very curious about the plethora of characters and settings and information the boar (creator) manages to put into this story. I am also very much in love with the boar's art and his creative/imaginative and deeply thoughtful and analytical side. I for one, don't mind some time between pages. Good things take time, besides, it makes a new page that much sweeter. With each page I find myself squirming with glee and melting with pleasure, similar to Charlie when he got his first bite of Wonka's sweet chocolate after a year without.

Anyways, I'm a lurker, shy, quirky, artsy, over analytical, extremely naive and for the most part quiet, but quite boisterous when the wild hair finds me. This seems like a very nice little place to settle in and get cozy with the natives.
Sorry guys, you're stuck with me. =3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:12 pm 
Site Admin

I'm glad you chose to step out of the shadows, Alikura. Hang out in the light. You're quite welcome to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:59 pm 
UnderDog

Welcome Grrrrrrll. Love the snap on FA. The artist is drooling over it, I bet. The dog looks nice too, what ya can see of him. Got any better snaps of him/her??

--lj

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:34 am 
Sloppworthy

Quote:
Mulefoot: "I'm glad you chose to step out of the shadows, Alikura. Hang out in the light. You're quite welcome to."

Thanks Muley, I'll be doing better at this socializing thing, that I will.

Quote:
littljohn: "Welcome Grrrrrrll. Love the snap on FA. The artist is drooling over it, I bet. The dog looks nice too, what ya can see of him. Got any better snaps of him/her?? "

Thanks for the puurrfect welcome. *Grin*
As for the pooch, yeah, I take far too many pictures of him. You can find them all over in my main gallery there and in my scraps. He's a camera hog and a pretty good one. He's also the saving grace of almost all my canine anatomy battles. <3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:01 am 
UnderDog

I'll go looking. If you're into puppy pics, here's mine - the Artiste has met this boy. Not that I'm proud of him or the young skywalker or nothing..

http://doubleringkuvasz.com/dogs/drozth ... icent.html

--lj

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:56 am 
Sloppworthy

What a handsome guy!
I've got a thing for the big fluffy pups!
How old is he?
My guy's roughly 2 years and a half. He's a rescue tho, so we don't know for sure.
(Hopefully this isn't the wrong place to ask such questions.)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 189 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next