rustedtusks.com

The SLOP Forum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:01 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 189 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:54 pm 
Slopplicant

My name is Nazgul and my mother says I'm handsome! 0.0

But seriously I'm an artist who found slop while searching for pig anthros (go figure) and became fascinated

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:34 pm 
Obligatory Agitator

So much fresh meat running around the board these days. Don't let Jadúgara fool you - we are strange. But that's the charm of being a forumite here since you cannot find the types of conversations we have here at other boards like the "My little Pony" fanlisting or the "rpg.net" free-for-alls. Please don't mind if someone starts talking about which chop of your anatomy would be better pan-fried so long as we can't find you. Now go on, shoo! Join the other conversations of the board. Don't take candy from strangers and remember the "stop, touch, and tell" of testicular torsion awareness.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:48 pm 
Slopplicant

Can do! *snaps a salute, then runs off like a screaming midget*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:51 pm 
Site Admin

Welcome welcome, Nazgul.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:20 am 
Preternaturalist

Nazgul777 wrote:
Can do! *snaps a salute, then runs off like a screaming midget*

Screaming midgets are the best,...ESPECIALLY when they have testicular torsion!

And Andrick is correct,...for instance,...my favorite TV show is "Inappropriately Touched by an Angel"....

Jadúgara ^_^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:17 am 
Ms. Mirror Monster

*waves 'allo to Scotch*

Bumped into ya a time or two at cons. Yeah, I like gnolls so I actually remembered you XD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 3:08 pm 
Slopplicant

Hey there.

Thought I'd finally come out of lurking about and say 'hi' to everyone.

I came across 'SLOP' a while ago thanks to the 'Jack' webcomic, and I've been following it ever since.

I'm a writer in my spare time, and hope to be podcasting a furry novel soon...once I get the damned thing done, that is.

Anyway, that's me in a nutshell. See ya on the forums.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 5:02 pm 
SLOP Editor-in-Beef

Dalan wrote:
that's me in a nutshell.

Greetings Dalan..
Welcome to the forum.

Ahhh.. Due to the tenuous hold on reality some members of this forum have... Please refrain from using words with 'nut' in them. :roll:

Thanks... :wink:

Ramseys
Your, 'Editor-in-Beef'.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:52 am 
Preternaturalist

Hello Dalan!

Let me just say I love your name! Why, you may ask?

Merely because it is a word used in the game world I'm working on publishing that means "money" used for the crystal coins in the fiction...

I believe it's based on a Hindi word...

Yayyyy!

Anyway,..welcome to the forum!

Jadúgara ^_^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:15 am 
Slopplicant

Jadúgara wrote:
Hello Dalan!

Let me just say I love your name! Why, you may ask?

Merely because it is a word used in the game world I'm working on publishing that means "money" used for the crystal coins in the fiction...

I believe it's based on a Hindi word...

Yayyyy!

Anyway,..welcome to the forum!

Jadúgara ^_^

That's interesting to know, about the word's origin. To me, it just sounded like a cool name for a story/rp character and later a fursona.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:19 pm 
UnderDog

Hiyas Dalan. Glad yer here. Pay no attention to Uncle, he's schizoid as all hell.
I pick butterflies out of the air when there are no butterflies there.
Somebody or other is a vegan.
The artiste smokes cigars and packs a 9mm.
etc.
You'll fit right in, I'm sure.

--lj

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 7:28 am 

Hello, I'm new. I do not normally go on forums, but this is for a worthy cause. This comic is amazing and so deep. It's scary and beautiful at once. I thought it was high time I said so.

I'm pretty shy so I'll leave it at that, but thank you. It's always been amazing to me.

-VP

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:04 am 
Preternaturalist

ViolentProphet wrote:
Hello, I'm new. I do not normally go on forums, but this is for a worthy cause. This comic is amazing and so deep. It's scary and beautiful at once. I thought it was high time I said so.

I'm pretty shy so I'll leave it at that, but thank you. It's always been amazing to me.

-VP

Welcome, welcome.... May you continue to enjoy both this story, and the company of those who appreciate it along-side you...

Jadúgara ^_^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:01 am 
Obligatory Agitator

Jadúgara wrote:
... May you continue to enjoy both this story, and the company of those who appreciate it along-side you...

Uh... Jadúgara? Considering the predilections of some of the forumites I think that one's enjoyment would come to a speedy demise if a forumite were alongside oneself. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 1:39 pm 
SLOP Editor-in-Beef

Welcome, welcome!
Glade to see new members! :D
Do please watch out for the Freudian Slips. :shock:

Your Editor-in-Beef:
Ramseys

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:31 pm 
UnderDog

Welcome. 'Scarey and beautiful' sotrt of covers the ground. Add surprising, and you've got it. No need to be shy from behind a monitor and keyboard.

--lj

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:42 pm 
Slopplicant

*pulls up a chair, sits down* Hello, my name is Brewed Beaner and I'm a Slopaholic...heheh, but seriously, just seemed like a good time to delurk and participate actively in the forums, instead of sneaking and skulking around. Anyway, I look forward to conversing with everyone and having many good times ahead. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:01 pm 
UnderDog

Hiyas BB. One assumes a Spanish bent?
Welcome.

--lj

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:04 pm 
UnderDog

Andrick sez: Uh... Jadúgara? Considering the predilections of some of the forumites I think that one's enjoyment would come to a speedy demise if a forumite were alongside oneself.

There was a piece I read some time ago about the National Enquirer. The editors were going to have a contest for readers, and bring the winners to Florida where they were headquartered. After thinking about it some, they changed their minds.

--lj

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:01 am 
Site Admin

Howdies there Brewed Beaner. Welcome welcome. Feel free to join in any conversation.

I must apologize to Dalan and Violent Prophet because I never said hello.
So Howdy, and welcome you two as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 5:46 am 
Preternaturalist

Andrick wrote:
Jadúgara wrote:
... May you continue to enjoy both this story, and the company of those who appreciate it along-side you...

Uh... Jadúgara? Considering the predilections of some of the forumites I think that one's enjoyment would come to a speedy demise if a forumite were alongside oneself. :wink:

Heh heh,...you could be right! BUT,..if they're interested because of the subject matter of this particular comic,..I can only imagine they'd be fairly tolerant when it comes to being around such "special" people as ourselves....

Here's to wishing!

Jadúgara ^_^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 4:32 pm 
Obligatory Agitator

Brewed Beaner wrote:
... just seemed like a good time to delurk and participate actively in the forums, instead of sneaking and skulking around...

"You're the burglar. Go over there and... burgle something."

Now, now. No need to be so shneaky-shneaky around the forum. Okay, maybe some caution is needed around the forumites with "I luvs the soylent green" t-shirts, but the rest of us are okay. *holds up the cub scout salute* S'truth, honest injun. I want to find out more about the new Sloplicants so it's time for inetrro-... uh, questions!

When did you first become interested in Slop?

Does "editor in beef" make you salivate?

Is there a Slop character that you envy? Why?

Is there a Slop character you despise? Why?

What is the most disturbing thing about Tony's narrative?

Would you please post a link to your favorite page of Slop and tell us why you chose it?

What would be the best sauce for you to marinate in properly?

What do you like in Mulefoot's work that you did not see elsewhere?

Why do you suppose that the conquistadors of Slop, who begat the coyano, were called the wolven conquerors given that ethnicities still seem to have a wide mix of species?

EDIT: for clarity's sake.

Last edited by Andrick on Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:48 pm 
UnderDog

Nosy bastid, aintcha? :)

--lj

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 4:18 am 
SLOP Editor-in-Beef

Greetings Brewed_Beaner.
Welcome to the forum...
Say.. a funny thing happened on the way here...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:07 pm 
Site Admin

All these new people and no one's posting...

So I'm just going to have to resort to bribery.

First new person to post their own thoughts about the current page or an overall summary of how the entire comic has made them feel and think gets a free avatar drawn by yours truly.

All you people who've been contributing already...you get the pride of being a vital member of the board and my thanks. (And you get a print in a few weeks.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 7:53 pm 
Slopplicant

Andrick wrote:
Brewed Beaner wrote:
... just seemed like a good time to delurk and participate actively in the forums, instead of sneaking and skulking around...

"You're the burglar. Go over there and... burgle something."

Now, now. No need to be so shneaky-shneaky around the forum. Okay, maybe some caution is needed around the forumites with "I luvs the soylent green" t-shirts, but the rest of us are okay. *holds up the cub scout salute* S'truth, honest injun. I want to find out more about the new Sloplicants so it's time for inetrro-... uh, questions!

When did you first become interested in Slop?

Does "editor in beef" make you salivate?

Is there a Slop character that you envy? Why?

Is there a Slop character you despise? Why?

What is the most disturbing thing about Tony's narrative?

Would you please post a link to your favorite page of Slop and tell us why you chose it?

What would be the best sauce for you to marinate in properly?

What do you like in Mulefoot's work that you did not see elsewhere?

Why do you suppose that the conquistadors of Slop were called the wolven conquerors given that ethnicities still seem to have a wide mix of species?

littljohn: You are correct! I am indeed hispanic, or a "beaner" as it were. :P

Thank you all for the warm welcome, I apologize for not checking back earlier. Now, on to the inquisi--interview!

1. I can't remember exactly when I became interested in Slop, but I remember that I first learned of it through "Jack." Mulefoot had drawn some pages for an arc/short story, and at the end of it, there was a little note about Mulefoot starting up his own comic, so I checked it out. True story!

2. Salivate? "Saaa~aalivate! Good times, c'mon!"

3. All the characters in Slop are so well-developed and given so many levels of complexity, it'd be hard to choose one over all the others. I wouldn't go so far as to say "envy" though. Well, maybe Sam. Why? That man has got class and style in spades and he's exceptional in his line of, um, work.

4. Not so much despise as it is dislike. I really dislike Brice for the fact that he's had everything handed to him in life, all these opportunities, yet he takes it all for granted and squanders everything. All the while crying and whining over how his daddy doesn't care about him and all. "Baaawww!" indeed.

5. I'd have to say the most disturbing thing is that his thoughts and mannerisms can instantly transition from the friendly, big-hearted guy, to the dangerous, sinister sociopath within a matter of moments. I realize that's not a seperate part of himself that he can just "turn off," it
is him. It's like he driving, but he's being driven.

6. http://www.rustedtusks.com/slop/index.p ... 4&p=1&nc=1
I love Tony's inner-dailogue, especially the part where he says,"The more she talks, the more ah can't hear. She's beoming someone else."

7. Something extemely spicy, perhaps with a habanero and naga jolokia base, with a hint of curry. Refrigerate overnight for at least 24 hours.

8. I like the way in which Mulefoot organizes every panel. There isn't a sense of one or several panels overshadowing/overlapping other panels, everything fits together nicely. Flow and harmony, good stuff. The artwork itself is of course a given, so much detail.

9. Hmm, I don't know much about the history. Would you please point me in the direction to the location of the er, slopedia? I would like some more information about the conquistadors.

So that concludes that. If you actually read through the whole thing, I owe you a cookie, or any baked good of your choice. :3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:04 pm 
Site Admin

Looks like Beaner wins. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:23 am 
Slopplicant

*Does a jovial little jig* :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:17 pm 

Hey, I'm Rat. (Not the most creative of usernames, I know.) I figured I'd try to socialize for once instead of lurking in the shadows like I usually do. I can't really think of anything interesting to say, so here's that question-thing:

When did you first become interested in Slop? When I first read it a few weeks ago.

Does "editor in beef" make you salivate? Kinda. Hmmm.. beef :d.

Is there a Slop character that you envy? Why? I can't say I "envy" any particular character; they all have their problems. I admire a few, though. Uthalla and Rita, specifically. They both had/have the strength to put aside (at a lack of a better term) their trauma's to bring justice and help prevent further crimes, respectively.

Is there a Slop character you despise? Why? Brice's Dad, Mr. Vandergraf. He had every opportunity to teach Brice that what he did was wrong by letting him go to jail, but instead he let him get away with it again and again. I hate bad parents.

What is the most disturbing thing about Tony's narrative? I agree with Beaner on this one; how Tony changes from being a friendly sorta guy to a killer, even if just in thought. My favorite example of this is pages 20/21 of "The Dry Run".

Would you please post a link to your favorite page of Slop and tell us why you chose it? http://www.rustedtusks.com/slop/index.p ... &p=24&nc=1
This page actually made me feel really bad for Scotty. Brice finally gets told how everyone he knows hates him, but then poor Scotty's the one that get's zapped (and eventually killed!) for just doing what he's told!

What would be the best sauce for you to marinate in properly? Mint, of course. Rat meat's not that nice, though. Kinda chewy.

What do you like in Mulefoot's work that you did not see elsewhere? Everyone has issues; noone's life is perfect, just like real life. That, and unlike some comics/stories/etc, you just can't predict what Tony's going to do in any given situation. I love that; it leaves plenty of room for interpretation and theory!

Why do you suppose that the conquistadors of Slop were called the wolven conquerors given that ethnicities still seem to have a wide mix of species? Uhh.. pass? I don't recall anything about that. Random guess: Wolves hunt in packs. Maybe they conquered by surrounding opposition like wolves surround their prey?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:44 pm 
Site Admin

Welcome to the forum, Rat! Great to have you. One of my favourite books has that very same name.

Scotty indeed got set up but in some ways...he set himself up. He was doing his job and did it in a mean way. Tony was going to warn him not to go outside but he Scotty said "Eat me, pig!" and kept on going. So in some ways, Scotty got what he deserved. In other ways, Scotty has been crapped on by his boss for years. You'll learn more about Scotty in "Return to Red River". There's a reason he looks so much like Brice.

Rat with mint. Yummy.

As I said, Welcome!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 189 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next