rustedtusks.com

The SLOP Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:03 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Welcome to Quetzlan
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:44 pm 
Serious about SLOP

...Where everybody's Seester looks like a movie star!

"Popular lies have ever been the most potent enemies of personal liberty. There is only one way to deal with them. Cut them out, to the very core, just as cancers are..." - Ragnar Redbeard, "Might is Right" (1890).

Post subject: Re: Welcome to Quetzlan
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:42 pm 
Terrible Dunder Lizard

Camouflage and essential supplies.. Black Truffles, no doubt.

Sam can think like the people he's following. I don't think there's any way to escape from him. He scares me, theoretically speaking, Sam does.

I've been wondering about something, since Sam mentioned it. How DOES Tony Ray know about the lives and careers of those people from his darkest days? He has done almost everything in his power to distance himself from those people and events. The one thing he hasn't done is throw away Sam's phone number-- and as Sam is showing here, throwing away Sam's number wouldn't do much good. He could find you anyway, if he wanted to, probably.

I'm thinking and thinking that Tony Ray must have met one or two of his old buddies at some time or another in the not-too-distant past. And of course I'm wondering if one of those old buddies, or their associates, wore a wristwatch.

Funny things, wristwatches. Some of us wouldn't be caught dead without one. And they can be clues. It's especially irritating when you KNOW one is a clue but you don't know what it's a clue TO. I've been looking for them on characters in this comic. A lot. It's become almost an obsession, to the point where I might well be seeing them when they're not really there.

But dagnappit, that wristwatch has gotta be from SOMEWHERE...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:01 pm 
Site Admin

Havoc wrote:
I've been wondering about something, since Sam mentioned it. How DOES Tony Ray know about the lives and careers of those people from his darkest days? He has done almost everything in his power to distance himself from those people and events. The one thing he hasn't done is throw away Sam's phone number-- and as Sam is showing here, throwing away Sam's number wouldn't do much good. He could find you anyway, if he wanted to, probably.

I'm thinking and thinking that Tony Ray must have met one or two of his old buddies at some time or another in the not-too-distant past.

If you're like Copycat and own a legitimate business, its not too hard to look you up. Aside from that, she's a good person to memorize the number of because she can set you up with a new passport, ID, Social Insurance Number (SIN), and the whole works. Sam believes that Tony helped Brice escape across the border to Quetzlan. Its not just enough to go across the border. Brice has to disappear and that takes setting up a new identity. Tony would only talk to Copycat if he had a good reason.

What's blowing Sam's mind is he can't think of a reason why Tony would help the little fox punk out. I'm sure he's wondering why Brice is alive but there was a body found...with a wristwatch.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:30 pm 
Alter Sack

I wonder what species copycat will turn out to be.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:38 pm 
Serious about SLOP

I think Muley's already given two very large clues about that. The first being her name of 'CopyCat', and her ex-mate's name of 'DevilBob'. :P

"Popular lies have ever been the most potent enemies of personal liberty. There is only one way to deal with them. Cut them out, to the very core, just as cancers are..." - Ragnar Redbeard, "Might is Right" (1890).

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:49 pm 
Site Admin

Wotan wrote:
I think Muley's already given two very large clues about that. The first being her name of 'CopyCat', and her ex-mate's name of 'DevilBob'. :P

http://www.rustedtusks.com/slop/index.p ... &p=14&nc=1

Devilbob has dental appliances that make him look all sabretoothed. That's definitely a clue.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:21 am 
Serious about SLOP

That's a raging clue!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:22 pm 
UnderDog

Consider if you will. Muley at least stood aside while Brice took advantage of the misidentification and hit the (south) road. Now Sam is looking for Brice to punch his ticket once and for all. This is going to pit the pig against the badger if Sam's successful.
If Sam knows Muley helped Brice escape, I bet on Sam in the confrntation - cos he will get the drop on the pig. But, head to head, the pig will hash him into little small pieces whether he (Muley) gets offed in the process or not. Cos he just don't give a shit.

--lj

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:54 am 
Dirty Ol' Man

littljohn wrote:
Consider if you will. Muley at least stood aside while Brice took advantage of the misidentification and hit the (south) road. Now Sam is looking for Brice to punch his ticket once and for all. This is going to pit the pig against the badger if Sam's successful.
If Sam knows Muley helped Brice escape, I bet on Sam in the confrntation - cos he will get the drop on the pig. But, head to head, the pig will hash him into little small pieces whether he (Muley) gets offed in the process or not. Cos he just don't give a shit.

--lj

I don't think that's an issue. Sam was asking about a Reynard, but didn't specify which one. Tony's only omission was that there was two of them.

After all, not being part of the "company" Tony's not exactly obligated to assist in a project.

As it was, it _was_ a matter of professional courtesy to politely greet Sam "as a stranger" and leave it at that.

Uncle.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:41 pm 
Slice of Sly

Mulefoot might just watch if he were present at Brice's and Sam's meeting. Brice is an aberration to the rules that keep him free, and Sam is ... Sam. 'Some animals are more equal than others.'

The question is: Does Sam think that some payback is a professional requirement for hiding his prey? Those cigars might be to make him smell like Mulefoot to let him get near Brice or as a pointer to Mulefoot. 'The suspects brand of cigars were found near the body, your Honor.'

If Mulefoot's the sledge and Sam's the scalpel, what other tools are around?

Our throats can bark for slaughter: cannot sing.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:03 am 
Serious about SLOP

George67 wrote:
If Mulefoot's the sledge and Sam's the scalpel, what other tools are around?

There's also the chainsaw (namely Uthy), and without revealing too much of the few privileged titbits of information Muley has given me (because they were necessary to do the SLOPedia pages he has asked me to do), Cooper also has another interesting employee who functions somewhat like a steel trap.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:16 pm 
Dirty Ol' Man

George67 wrote:
The question is: Does Sam think that some payback is a professional requirement for hiding his prey? Those cigars might be to make him smell like Mulefoot to let him get near Brice or as a pointer to Mulefoot. 'The suspects brand of cigars were found near the body, your Honor.'

Methinks you're over thinking all this.

The relationship between Sam and Tony is based on admiration and I suspect even a bit of kinship.

On the other hand, the ONLY reason Uthalla's still alive is that Cooper hasn't said, "Lose the cunt."

Uncle.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:39 am 
Slice of Sly

I agree with your assessment with Tony and Sam's relationship, Uncle. I just think that neither of them would let it get in the way if either felt compelled to have a go at the other. What might cause that action is guesswork with this pair.

Our throats can bark for slaughter: cannot sing.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:54 pm 
UnderDog

Neither is stupid enough.. or both have too much respect for the other, your choice - to 'have a go at" I don't think. More likely a shot from behind with no warning whatsoever if either was inclined to off the other. Because both know, that's the only safe way in that case.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:09 pm 
Serious about SLOP

So who got run over by the boar in the truck?
("I thought it was a coyote....")

http://www.rustedtusks.com/slop/index.p ... 1&p=1&nc=1

Si ego certiorem faciam.... mihi tu delendus eris

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:10 am 
SLOP Editor-in-Beef

neandernitz wrote:
So who got run over by the boar in the truck?
("I thought it was a coyote....")

http://www.rustedtusks.com/slop/index.p ... 1&p=1&nc=1

This was an April fools joke.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:00 pm 
Serious about SLOP

Here I was thinking someone was just having a really bad day...........

(Actually, there was a NCIS episode that was eerily similar, about a guy in a raccoon fursuit. He had a seriously bad day as well.)

Si ego certiorem faciam.... mihi tu delendus eris